Two means are available to receive a plenary Indulgence for the Souls in Purgatory:
1. By visiting a cemetery and praying for the deceased during the entire month of November.
2. By visiting a church or oratory on All Souls’ Day, Nov. 2 and praying the Our Father and the Creed.
Those, who cannot leave the house for serious reasons or health or age can participate in the indulgence from home by reciting prayers for the deceased before an image of Jesus or the Virgin Mary.
Conditions for the indulgence:
1. Only 1 plenary indulgence a day can be gained.
2. One must be in the state of grace, at least by completion of the work.
3. Freedom from attachment to sin, even venial sin, is necessary; otherwise the indulgence is only partial. (By this is meant attachment to a particular sin, not sin in general.)
4. Holy Communion must be received each time one seeks the indulgence.
5. Prayers must be recited for the intentions of the Holy Father on each day the indulgence is sought.(No particular prayers are prescribed. One Our Father and one Hail Mary, or other suitable prayers, suffice.)
6. A sacramental confession must be made within 20 days of completion of the prescribed work. (One confession made during the week, with the intention of gaining all the indulgences, suffices.)
For more details visit: catholicnewsagency.com/news/249426