Pipe Organs at St. John Cantius

Casavant Frères Pipe Organ, Opus 1130

The main pipe organ at St. John Cantius was made by Casavant Frères, the world’s large organ company, which was founded in 1879 in Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada. Originally crafted in 1926 for St. James United Methodist Church (Kenwood) on South Ellis Avenue, Casavant’s Opus 1130 is a large four manual organ built on a grand scale.

More details and Specification »

Sanctuary Continuo Organ Specification

Built by Oberlinger (2005)

The Sanctuary organ is one of the last instruments built by the German firm of Oberlinger. The organ was blessed by the Most Reverend Basil Meeking, Bishop Emeritus of Christchurch, New Zealand, during Bach Night, an all-Bach concert of chamber and vocal music, on May 14, 2005.

More details and Specification »

Wurlitzer Theater Organ

Built by Wurlitzer (1927), Opus 1818

In the Church Hall of St. John Cantius is found a Wurlitzer Theater Pipe Organ. It was built in 1927 and is listed as Opus 1818. This organ was originally installed in the Terrace Theatre at 361 West 23rd Street in 1927, and, in 1935, it was moved to the WOR Radio Studio, 1440 Broadway, New York, N.Y. 10018. After restoration, this instrument was installed on the stage of the Church Hall at St. John Cantius in 2012.

More details and Specification »